August 31, 2014
At Smiles by Myles, the cosmetic and restorative dentistry practice of Wayne Myles DDS, we strive to offer dental care of a standard that cannot be surpassed. We hold ourselves to this high standard in all that we do, from smile makeovers with custom-crafted porcelain veneers to complex full mouth reconstructions. Even routine dental exams are far from routine in terms of their quality and comprehensiveness.
Twice-yearly dental exams are necessary to the health of your mouth and appearance of your smile. At our state-of-the-art dental office in Reston, each dental exam is performed using the most advanced diagnostic technology to ensure that even the most subtle signs of oral health problems are identified, allowing for quick and timely treatment before they have the opportunity to progress into more serious issues. By attending regular appointments to have your mouth examined and professionally cleaned, you improve the odds that you will be able to enjoy optimal oral health for a lifetime.
In addition to unerring professionalism, courtesy, and kindness, here are just a few of the things you can expect from your next dental exam at Smiles by Myles.
The Dental Exam Checklist
Your first visit to Smiles by Myles will include a consultation with Dr. Myles. During this consultation, you will have the opportunity to discuss:
- Your past dental and overall medical history, including any medications you take, any restorative or cosmetic dental work you have undergone, and any allergies or health conditions you have.
- Any apprehension you have about undergoing dental work. Dr. Myles offers sedation dentistry options, which can be discussed during the consultation.
- Your dental needs and goals. If you have any ambitions for your smile, this will be your opportunity to present them.
During your comprehensive dental exam at Smiles by Myles, Dr. Myles and his highly skilled and experienced team will:
- Examine your entire mouth, using advanced diagnostic systems to detect abnormalities in the hard and soft tissues. This will include screenings for periodontal disease and oral cancer, as well as a clinical evaluation of your teeth.
- Take digital x-rays of your mouth to identify potential problem areas that cannot be seen with the naked eye.
- Evaluate your bite and your jaw for potential problems, including temporomandibular joint (TMJ) dysfunction.
- Examine your head and neck, including the salivary glands and lymph nodes.
- Provide you with a thorough cleaning of your teeth and gums to remove plaque, tartar, and bacteria.
- Discuss and provide you with tips for improving your at-home oral hygiene regimen, including the demonstration of proper brushing and flossing techniques.
- Explain their findings in detail and make treatment recommendations based on those findings. If a follow-up appointment is necessary, we will assist you in scheduling that appointment.
During your initial visit, you will have the opportunity to experience the Smiles by Myles difference. We believe that once you discover how comfortable, efficient, and effective dentistry can be when it is focused on your safety, comfort, and satisfaction, you will select our practice to be your partners in oral health going forward.
For further information, or to schedule your next dental exam, please contact Smiles by Myles today.
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.