September 1, 2015
Millions of patients every year report skipping or avoiding dentist visits due to dental anxiety or phobia. This is among the most common fears in the US, and luckily, Dr. Wayne Myles and the outstanding Smiles by Myles dentistry team are here to help you learn to love vising the dentist. Our staff is dedicated to providing dental care in an environment free from discomfort and fear. We offer the latest in dental technology and techniques so patients experience the most comfortable, effective treatments, and work to ensure patient comfort from the moment they enter our dental practice. The Smiles by Myles team knows that not every patient is able to overcome dental anxiety even with our helpful staff and relaxing environment. That’s why we offer oral conscious sedation to help patients with the most severe dental anxiety relax, and receive the dental treatment they need. Call to find out more about sedation dentistry Northern Virginia residents trust, or to schedule an appointment at our convenient Reston, VA dental practice today.
Smiles by Myles – Sedation Dentistry Reston Prefers
In order to meet the sedation needs of the widest variety of patients, Smiles by Myles offers oral conscious sedation. Patients prefer oral conscious sedation because:
- The process starts before you ever leave home. We prescribe an oral sedative to take at a predetermined time the day of your visit. Once you take the sedative and begin to relax, you’ll need a friend or family member to drive you to and from your appointment.
- Many patients who fear the dentist are also afraid of needles used in IV sedation, and often feel more uncomfortable while wearing a nasal mask that administers nitrous oxide sedation. Thus, a simple pill to aid in relaxation is often the best option for patients who experience stress or anxiety related to dental visits.
- Patients remain awake and are able to express concerns during their treatment, but they are in a dream like state and don’t feel the racing heart, difficulty breathing or other physical responses associated with dental fear.
- Most patients don’t remember their visit by the following day.
It’s important to note that patients will need a friend or family member to drive them to and from their appointment, and monitor their recovery for a few hours after treatment. It’s difficult to predict how any patient will respond to sedatives, but it is typically wise to refrain from resuming regular activities until the day after treatment.
Dental Sedation – Not Just for Oakton Residents with Dental Anxiety Anymore
While sedation has made it possible for patients who suffer from dental anxiety or phobia to visit the dentist without fear, sedatives also help patients who:
- Have sensitive teeth and gums
- Have sensitive gag reflex
- Need multiple or extensive dental procedures
- Have physical pain that makes sitting in a dental chair uncomfortable.
- Have impeded cognitive function
Call the Sedation Dentist Northern Virginia Relies on – Dr. Wayne Myles
Whatever reason you have for needing the sedation dentistry Northern Virginia relies on, Dr. Myles and the Smiles by Myles dental team can help you relax using oral conscious sedation in our comfortable, welcoming environment. We’re dedicated to helping patients receive the dental care they need without the anxiety they dread. Call to find out more today.
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.