July 13, 2017
Finding a cosmetic dentist is a little different than finding a general dentist. You’ll need to consider a special set of skills that make specific dentists better suited to creating cosmetic dentistry plans. Before you choose a dentist to transform your smile, read this blog to find out what makes a dentist qualified to provide flawless cosmetic dental care.
What Makes a Good Cosmetic Dentist?
There’s no dental specialty for cosmetic dentistry, but there are key indicators in training and experience that point to a skilled cosmetic professional. These can include:
- Post graduate cosmetic studies from trusted programs especially those that include hands on care
- Memberships in professional organizations focused on cosmetic dentistry
- Ability to show images of successful treatments, so you’ll feel confident in the potential results of cosmetic dentistry
- Training for and providing a wide range of cosmetic services not just one or two basic treatments
What Should You Expect at a Cosmetic Dental Office?
Once you’ve chosen a practice or narrowed your options down to a few qualified candidates, it’s important to ask some questions specific to treatment planning. The best cosmetic dentist in the world may not be able to deliver caring, attentive services that make you feel confident and at ease during treatment. Consider the following:
- Payments & financing – cosmetic dentistry is not typically covered by insurance plans, so be sure to ask the dentist about payment and financing options.
- Convenient location and hours – make sure the dentist is conveniently located and regularly accessible. This should include office hours that fit into your schedule as well as being available to help out during emergencies.
- Technology and smile design options – the best cosmetic dental offices should use the latest dentistry techniques and technologies. By investing in smile design tools, a cosmetic dentist can give you a much clearer understanding of the potential results of various cosmetic dentistry treatments.
- Sedation options – if you experience dental anxiety or phobia, have difficulty numbing with local anesthesia, or need a complex treatment, dental sedation can ensure your comfort. Review your sedation dentistry options before beginning treatment.
Meet Dr. Myles
You’ll be comfortable in our office and feel confident in the cosmetic dental abilities of Dr. Wayne Myles. Dr. Myles has completed a vast amount of continuing education hours through the prestigious Las Vegas Institute. Additionally, he maintains professional membership in the International Association of Cosmetic Aesthetics in order to stay up to date on all the latest in cosmetic dentistry. If you’d like to find out more about Dr. Myles or schedule an appointment with the Smiles by Myles team, contact our Reston dental office today.
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.