April 11, 2018
Whether you have dental phobia, need advanced dentistry services, or struggle with sensitive teeth, gums, and/or gag reflex, you may want to explore your dental sedation options. Many patients worry about the added cost of using sedation dentistry, but most dental practices provide affordable options to ensure you are completely comfortable, during even the most advanced dentistry treatments. Many dentistry offices offer several dental sedation options at various of price points to keep patients comfortable without blowing their budgets.
January 24, 2017
You value the health of your teeth and gums. You practice diligent home hygiene and never miss a dental appointment. As a result, you have great check-ups. Yet, you are disappointed with your smile. You cover your mouth when you laugh or smile broadly in public. Stains and a chip in a front tooth mar your smile. Don’t despair. Your cosmetic dentist in Northern Virginia, Dr. Wayne Myles, has the expertise to give you a wonderfully beautiful smile. Here are the details.
September 10, 2016
Six Month Smiles in Reston are an innovative orthodontic system which moves teeth into attractive positions more quickly and comfortably than traditional braces or clear aligners. Top dentist in northern Virginia, Dr. Wayne Myles, uses these amazingly clear wires and brackets to remake teeth in that all-important smile zone at the front of the mouth. Could you be a candidate?
September 1, 2015
Millions of patients every year report skipping or avoiding dentist visits due to dental anxiety or phobia. This is among the most common fears in the US, and luckily, Dr. Wayne Myles and the outstanding Smiles by Myles dentistry team are here to help you learn to love vising the dentist. Our staff is dedicated to providing dental care in an environment free from discomfort and fear. We offer the latest in dental technology and techniques so patients experience the most comfortable, effective treatments, and work to ensure patient comfort from the moment they enter our dental practice. The Smiles by Myles team knows that not every patient is able to overcome dental anxiety even with our helpful staff and relaxing environment. That’s why we offer oral conscious sedation to help patients with the most severe dental anxiety relax, and receive the dental treatment they need. Call to find out more about sedation dentistry Northern Virginia residents trust, or to schedule an appointment at our convenient Reston, VA dental practice today.
October 29, 2013
Reston families have trusted their dental health to Dr. Wayne Myles since 1997. At Dr. Myles' cosmetic dentistry practice, our friendly staff strives to provide patients with a friendly, comfortable atmosphere so our patients will look forward to their next dental visit. If you are looking for a family dentist, consider scheduling your next appointment with Dr. Myles.
Services We Offer
We offer a wide range of cosmetic, general, and restorative dentistry treatments to meet the dental needs of you and your family. Here are just a few of the most popular treatments offered by Dr. Myles.
- Porcelain Veneers: Porcelain veneers are a wonderful treatment to instantly transform the appearance of your smile. Porcelain veneers can be used to improve the overall aesthetics of your teeth by improving dental shape, color, and size. Porcelain veneers can also be used to restore teeth with mild damage including chipped teeth and teeth with minimal decay.
- Invisalign®: Invisalign® is a popular treatment for patients of all ages. Invisalign® is a clear orthodontics system that provides the teeth straightening function of metal braces without the unsightly metal brackets and wires. Invisalign® is a great option for teens and adults alike.
- Teeth Whitening: Teeth whitening with ZOOM!® can dramatically improve the appearance of your smile in as little as one dental visit. Dr. Myles offers both in-office whitening and at-home whitening to accommodate today's busy lifestyles.
- Sedation Dentistry: Dr. Myles offers oral sedation dentistry to help patients with dental anxiety feel more comfortable and relaxed during dental appointments.
- Gum Contouring: Gum contouring is a cosmetic dental treatment designed to reshape the gums and improve the appearance of “gummy” smiles. Gum contouring creates a more even, proportionate gum line so when you smile, people will see your beautiful teeth and not excessive gum tissue. Dr. Myles uses a special dental laser to safely and painlessly reshape the gum line in as little as five minutes.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants are a fantastic option for permanently replacing missing teeth. Dental implants can be used to replace teeth lost due to decay or injury. Dental implants can be used in conjunction with dental crowns, bridges, and implant-supported dentures to securely replace one or more teeth.
- Periodontal Care: Periodontal, or gum, disease is a major cause for tooth loss. Periodontal disease results from a build-up of plaque and bacteria beneath the gum line, leading to infection and irritation. Dr. Myles offers periodontal treatments like scaling and root planing to improve oral health.
- Tooth-Colored Dental Fillings and Onlays: Dental fillings and onlays are used to repair decayed or damaged teeth. Tooth-colored fillings and onlays are used to restore the tooth's structure and appearance.
Schedule Your Family's Next Appointment with Dr. Myles
Finding the perfect dentist is key to maintaining oral health. Dr. Myles offers a wide range of treatments to meet the needs of patients of all ages. Set your family up for a lifetime of healthy smiles. Schedule your family's next appointment with Dr. Myles.
April 30, 2013
When it comes to providing effective dental care to patients, it's imperative that dental health professionals know what the needs of the patient are and how these needs can be best addressed. That's especially true when it comes to meeting the dental health needs of children.
The team at our Reston cosmetic dentistry center would like to take a few minutes to go over the basics of family dental care so you know what we can offer.
Why Children's Dentistry Required Special Considerations
Children obviously have different health and dental care needs as they are growing since their bodies are still developing. You cannot give children the same sort of care you'd provide an adult. It's a plain fact. In order to provide the effective treatment that children need, a cosmetic and restorative dentist in Reston needs to understand how to explain procedures in ways that children understand and how to provide positive experiences to children at every visit.
What We Bring to Family Dental Care
When younger patients visit the office, we always make sure to:
- Answer the young patient's questions so they are relaxed and at ease during the visit
- Provide patient education to reinforce positive impressions of dental care
- Maintain a friendly chairside manner so that we can build trust with a patient over time
- Develop a sense of belonging; we're not just here to treat the patient, but to make the patient feel welcome
All of the above contribute to excellent dental experiences at all ages. Let's now look at what children at various ages will often have addressed.
Dental Care Needs for Babies and Toddlers
For babies and toddlers, we do our best to monitor incoming baby teeth and ensure that these young teeth are being properly cared for. Since these young children are generally unable to care for their own teeth, we instruct their parents on some basic general dental care that they can do at home to make sure their children have healthy teeth.
Dental Care Needs for K-6 Children
As children grow older, their baby teeth fall out and permanent teeth grow in. During these years of childhood and early adolescence, we do a lot of dental fillings and other basic treatments to promote overall wellness. This is a great time for us to help instill good hygiene habits in kids so that they understand how to keep their smiles healthy and looking great.
In many cases, undergoing orthodontic treatment at this age is a good idea. Since the patient is still growing, treatments that adjust dental arches and tooth alignment can be performed much easier.
Dental Care Needs for Teenagers
As children get closer and closer to adulthood, their dental health needs begin to resemble those of adults. Dental fillings, inalys, onlays, and Reston dental crowns are used to help address tooth decay, and sometimes we even treat early stages of gum disease.
During this time, we will also keep tabs on incoming wisdom teeth, which can cause severe pain as a result of impaction if they are not growing in straight.
Learn More About Family Dental Care Treatment
For more information about your many different options for effective children's dentistry, be sure to contact our Reston cosmetic and restorative dentistry center today. Our entire team looks forward to meeting you and your child in person and helping you both realize all of your dental goals for years to come.