Whether you require a regular checkup or an in-depth treatment for dental damage, patients will be sure to find the help they need in our comprehensive menu of available services. At Smiles by Myles, your dentist in Reston and our team always take a conservative approach when performing the treatment. We remove only minimal amounts of enamel or gum tissue during cosmetic or restorative procedures so that your natural smile is always yours well preserved. As a result, achieving optimal oral health is easier than ever with dental services in our Reston, VA office!
Our Dental Care Services in Reston, VA
The dental team at Smiles by Myles is passionate about helping patients find the best solution to their dental problems. General, restorative, and implant dentistry services maintain, restore, and enhance the smile. Here you can discover more about how our services address your dental concerns:
General Dental Care
With general dentistry, our team helps patients prevent further dental problems. To learn more about the general dental services we provide continue reading.
- Dental Cleanings: Routine dental care is essential for maintaining a smile. Our hygienists remove bacteria buildup from the teeth and gums at regular dental visits. Routine cleanings help stop problems like tooth decay and gum disease. We recommend that patients come in every six months to have a dental cleaning and examination. To learn more about dental cleanings in our office, see Checkups and Cleanings.
- Emergency Dental Care: Do you require urgent dental care? Contact our office for emergency dental care. We can address lost teeth, broken restorations, toothaches, and more in-office. To learn more about our emergency dentistry services, see Emergency Dentistry.
- Sedation: Dental sedation is a treatment method for painless dental procedures. Under sedation, patients feel relaxed and comfortable. This allows us to perform dental procedures, without causing patients any pain. It also is used to help calm patients with dental anxieties nerves. To learn more about dental sedation options, see Sedation Dentistry.
- Gum Disease: Periodontitis, also known as gum disease, affects the health of the gum tissue. To reverse the effects of gum disease, we provide scaling and root planing treatments. Gum disease can cause serious oral and overall health issues if not treated. To learn more about gum disease treatment in our office, see Periodontal Disease Treatment.
- Sleep Apnea: Obstructive sleep apnea blocks the airway and makes it difficult to breathe during sleep. Oral appliances worn at night open up the airway for a restful night of sleep without any interruptions. If left untreated sleep apnea can shorten a patient’s lifespan by up to ten years. To learn more about sleep apnea treatment options, see Sleep Apnea.
Restorative dental care renews the form and function of the smile. Continue reading to learn more about restorative dentistry services in our office:
- Dental Bridge: A dental bridge closes the gap left by several missing teeth. Traditional bridges support crown-capped natural teeth adjacent to the tooth cap. To learn more about dental bridges and if they would be beneficial to restoring your smile, see Dental Bridge.
- Tooth Crown: Dental crowns are porcelain ceramic caps that fully cover teeth. Patients with damaged and weakened teeth benefit from crowns, which strengthen the bite. In addition, our tooth crowns look and feel natural because they are made from porcelain ceramic. They may also be used as the restoration to cap dental implants. To learn more about dental crowns, see Dental Crowns.
- Dentures: A traditional denture is a prosthetic held in place by adhesive or snaps. Partial dentures replace rows of missing teeth, while complete dentures restore full arches of lost teeth. They may be removable or secured by dental implants. To learn more about denture services in our office, see Dentures & Partials.
- TMJ Treatment: Temporomandibular joint disorders lead to jaw and tooth pain, teeth clenching and grinding, and chronic headaches. Nightguards can stop teeth clenching and grinding. In addition, other dental restorations can create a more even bite and relieve pressure from the jaw joints. To learn more about TMJ Treatment, see TMJ Therapy.
Implants are one of the most versatile dental treatments for patients with one or multiple missing teeth. Common types of dental implants and implant-secured restorations are:
- All-On-Four: An All-On-Four treatment can secure a denture with as few as four dental implants. We take scans and impressions of the smile to find key areas to place implants strategically. Unlike removable dentures, All-On-Four creates a stable bite so patients can eat the foods they love. To learn more about All-On-Four, see All-On-Four.
- Implant-Supported Bridge: An implant-secured dental bridge uses dental implants to replace multiple consecutive lost teeth. Implant-supported dental bridges also last longer than traditional bridges. To learn more about Implant-Supported Bridges in our office, see Implant-Supported Bridge.
- Single Tooth Implants: A dental implant consists of a titanium post, abutment, and dental crown. If patients have a knocked-out tooth or a single missing tooth, we can replace it with a single implant. Dental implants appear and feel like natural teeth. To learn more about single-tooth implants, see Single Tooth Implants.
Contact Our Dental Office Today
Are you looking for a dentist in Reston, VA? Call Smiles by Myles at (571) 536-7885. Feel free to request a dental appointment with us online today. At your next dental visit, let us know if you have any questions or concerns for our team. We are always happy to help.