Whether you require a regular checkup or an in-depth treatment for dental damage, patients will be sure to find the help they need in our comprehensive menu of available services. At Smiles by Myles, your dentist in Reston and our team always take a conservative approach when performing the treatment. We remove only minimal amounts of enamel or gum tissue during cosmetic or restorative procedures so that your natural smile is always yours well preserved. As a result, achieving optimal oral health is easier than ever with dental services in our Reston, VA office!
Our Dental Care Services in Reston, VA
The dental team at Smiles by Myles is passionate about helping patients find the best solution to their dental problems. General, restorative, and implant dentistry services maintain, restore, and enhance the smile. Here you can discover more about how our services address your dental concerns:
General Dental Care
With general dentistry, our team helps patients prevent further dental problems:
- Dental Cleanings: Routine dental care is essential for maintaining a smile. Our hygienists remove bacteria buildup from the teeth and gums at regular dental visits. Routine cleanings help stop problems like tooth decay and gum disease.
- Emergency Dental Care: Do you require urgent dental care? Contact our office for emergency dental care. We can address lost teeth, broken restorations, toothaches, and more in-office.
- Sedation: Dental sedation is a treatment method for painless dental procedures. Under sedation, patients feel relaxed and comfortable.
- Gum Disease: Periodontitis, also known as gum disease, affects the health of the gum tissue. To reverse the effects of gum disease, we provide scaling and root planing treatments.
- Sleep Apnea: Obstructive sleep apnea blocks the airway and makes it difficult to breathe during sleep. Oral appliances are worn at night open up the airway for a restful night of sleep without any interruptions.
Restorative dental care renews the form and function of the smile:
- Dental Bridge: A dental bridge closes the gap left by several missing teeth. Traditional bridges support crown-capped natural teeth adjacent to the tooth cap.
- Tooth Crown: Dental crowns are porcelain ceramic caps that fully cover teeth. Patients with damaged and weakened teeth benefit from crowns, which strengthen the bite. In addition, our tooth crowns look and feel natural because they are made from porcelain ceramic.
- Dentures: A traditional denture is a prosthetic held in place by adhesive or snaps. Partial dentures replace rows of missing teeth, while complete dentures restore full arches of lost teeth.
- TMJ Treatment: Temporomandibular joint disorders lead to jaw and tooth pain, teeth clenching and grinding, and chronic headaches. Nightguards can stop teeth clenching and grinding. In addition, other dental restorations can create a more even bite and relieve pressure from the jaw joints.
Implants are one of the most versatile dental treatments for patients with one or multiple missing teeth. Common types of dental implants and implant-secured restorations are:
- All-On-Four: An All-On-Four treatment can secure a denture with as few as four dental implants. We take scans and impressions of the smile to find key areas to place implants strategically. Unlike removable dentures, All-On-Four creates a stable bite so patients can eat the foods they love.
- Implant-Supported Bridge: An implant-secured dental bridge uses dental implants to replace multiple consecutive lost teeth. Implant-supported dental bridges also last longer than traditional bridges.
- Single Tooth Implants: A dental implant consists of a titanium post, abutment, and dental crown. If patients have a knocked-out tooth or a single missing tooth, we can replace it with a single implant. Dental implants appear and feel like natural teeth.
Contact Our Dental Office Today
Are you looking for a dentist in Reston, VA? Call Smiles by Myles at (571) 536-7885. Feel free to request a dental appointment with us online today. At your next dental visit, let us know if you have any questions or concerns for our team. We are always happy to help.