SMILE MAKEOVERS - RESTON, VA
Giving Patients the Smile They Deserve
There are dentists who manage the oral health of their patients, and there are dentists who change people's lives by dramatically transforming their smiles. Under the guidance of Dr. Wayne Myles, the highly trained smile makeover specialists in our Reston, VA dental office are passionate about bringing a healthy, beautiful smile to every patient's face. Smile makeovers are cosmetic dental treatments that revitalize the look and feel of the teeth and gums.
Our team is committed to positively altering the way you look and feel about yourself. Using a combination of dental treatments including teeth whitening, porcelain veneers, dental implants, dental crowns, inlays and onlays, dental bridges, and other cosmetic and restorative dentistry procedures, Dr. Myles and his team in Reston are able to give you the stunning smile makeover that you deserve.
Your smile is an expression of your personality and cannot be hidden. Don't let the condition of your teeth hold you back socially and professionally. You have one chance to make a good impression, so why not recapture the beauty of your smile and regain your confidence? Our dental care team has the experience, artistic talent, and education that are needed to give you a sensational, memorable smile that will help you stand out in a crowd.
A smile makeover involves a variety of cosmetic dentistry procedures — everything from gum contouring to dental implants to porcelain veneers — to truly “makeover” your smile. Each patient’s situation is unique, and Dr. Myles treats every patient’s smile makeover as such, combining the necessary treatments or procedures to transform your smile.
What Are The Goals of a Smile Makeover?
A big part of every smile makeover with Dr. Myles is finding what you like and what you hate about your smile. There isn’t a set group of procedures; everything we do is based on your unique situation.
These are areas Dr. Myles will address with your smile makeover planning:
- Alignment and spacing — A smile makeover doesn’t address serious alignment issues that would require orthodontic treatment. But we do target problems such as slightly crooked teeth, gaps between teeth, and misshapen teeth. Porcelain veneers can do an amazing job masking these problems.
- Missing teeth — Replacing missing teeth doesn’t qualify as truly “cosmetic,” but this is surely a part of a cosmetic upgrade for your smile. If you’re missing a tooth or two, Dr. Myles believes dental implants are far and away the best replacement option. If you are missing a series of teeth a bridge, or even a partial denture, can be used.
- Tooth color — Every smile makeover at Smiles by Myles includes teeth whitening. It’s usually our first procedure because whitening returns your teeth to their natural whiteness. From there we can match other pieces of the puzzle, such as porcelain veneers, to your natural, whitened tooth color. If your teeth are stained beneath the enamel, possibly from a reaction to tetracycline as a child, we can cover the stained front surfaces with porcelain veneers.
- Balance — A balanced smile is a good-looking smile. If you have an overly gummy smile, it can be the only thing a person talking with you notices. Dr. Myles uses a diode laser to recontour your gums to lengthen your teeth (visually). Otherwise, we’ll fix or cover chips and cracks in your teeth with dental bonding, porcelain veneers, or porcelain crowns.
What Procedures are Included in a Smile Makeover?
Every smile makeover is unique to the patient, a combination of your goals and Dr. Myles’s expertise. Together, these are the procedures that could be a part of your smile makeover:
- Teeth whitening — Using our Zoom! teeth whitening system, we return your teeth to their natural color, removing stains from coffee, red wine, and the passage of time.
- Porcelain veneers — These thin shells of porcelain are applied to the fronts of the teeth to give your teeth perfect symmetry and a bright white sheen. You’ll be amazed at the ability of veneers to cover issues such as gaps between teeth or deep staining.
- Tooth-colored fillings — Out with the old silver amalgam fillings, in with tooth-colored, invisible composite resin fillings. These dental fillings blend in with the color of natural teeth while sealing out tooth decay.
- Gum contouring — Using a diode soft-tissue laser, Dr. Myles removes excess gum tissue, making your teeth appear longer and in proportion. The laser not only removes the unwanted tissue, but it also seals the cut to prevent bleeding and vastly lowers the chances of infection. Recovery is not difficult.
- Porcelain crowns — If a tooth has a deep crack or maybe has a large filling that needs replacing, the strength of the tooth is compromised. In these cases, we use a porcelain crown to overlay the entire tooth all the way down to the gumline. Crowns return full strength to a tooth and can be used to change the overall shape of the tooth.
Changing the Shape of Your Smile
Don't allow structurally damaged and cosmetically flawed teeth to rob you of your confidence. Using thin layers of porcelain, Dr. Wayne can give your smile the aesthetic appeal you desire. Porcelain veneers look completely natural and can instantly give you the "wow" factor that will set you apart. If your smile is misaligned, uneven, or marred by gaps between teeth, porcelain veneers can provide the most dramatic and beautiful transformation possible.
Improving the Stability of Your Smile
If you want a more structurally sound smile free of cosmetic flaws, then dental crowns, inlays, onlays, or dental bridges could work wonders for your smile. If there are substantial gaps in your smile or your teeth are damaged or decayed, then a more restorative treatment, such as dental implants, may be needed to restore function and stability to your smile. The goal at our dental office in Reston is to give you a smile makeover that improves your oral health and enhances the overall appearance of your teeth.
Giving You a Whiter Smile
Is your smile dingy, stained, or discolored? Using the revolutionary ZOOM!® teeth whitening system, our cosmetic dentistry team can give you a whiter, more confident and captivating smile. Through in-office or at-home treatments, you can enhance the brilliance of your smile by several shades. ZOOM!® whitening is proven to be safe and effective. If you are searching for a way to instantly achieve a whiter, brighter smile, porcelain veneers may also be an ideal option for you. The thin layers of porcelain are resistant to stains and, if properly cared for, can last several years.
Candidates for a Smile Makeover
Everyone who wants a better smile is a good candidate for a smile makeover at our Reston dental facility. If your teeth are worn down, discolored, misaligned, chipped, or uneven, then a smile makeover can help you achieve a jaw-dropping, stunning smile.
At Smiles by Myles, our smile makeovers don’t follow a set menu. We don’t push this or that on you. We take your stated goals and the things you’d like to see changed or improved with your smile, and then we create a smile makeover plan. From there, you can decide what you want to include and when we start.
What To Expect At Your Smile Makeover Consultation
Dr. Myles views every consultation as a give-and-take of information between the two of you. For a smile makeover, the consultation starts with you. Tell us what you like and what you don’t like about your smile. What would you like to see changed? What do you think can be achieved?
Then Dr. Myles will examine your teeth and your overall dental health. Remember, smile makeovers are only cosmetic treatments; they don’t correct underlying problems such as decay or gum disease. If any of those problems exist, he’ll discuss these with you first. Then we’ll move to cosmetic issues. If you have a misshapen tooth you’d like to change, would you feel better putting a crown on the tooth, or would a porcelain veneer be more in line with your thinking? If you’re missing a tooth, Dr. Myles will discuss your options between an implant or a bridge.
Once he hears your goals and examines your smile, Dr. Myles can then create a plan for your smile makeover. This he shares with you, looking for your feedback on treatments you may not want to do at this point. He’ll give you an idea of your timeline, and, once you agree on treatments you’d like to pursue, we can give you an estimate of your costs.
Recovery after Smile Makeover Procedures
With most of these procedures there isn’t any recovery. Dental implants and gum contouring are the exceptions. Placing an implant requires a couple of recovery periods where your gums need to heal, and you’ll eat a soft diet. Gum contouring will require a short recovery. Otherwise, procedures such as applying veneers or crowns or whitening your teeth have no recovery.
Smile Makeover Cost
Our goal is to give you the smile of your dreams. Through financing options, we can make your dream smile easily obtainable. Don't cut corners when you are looking for an outstanding smile renovation; by doing so, you could end up finding a dentist who does a mediocre job of altering your smile. That can cost you more time and money in the long run, as you attempt to correct the imperfect cosmetic work that was performed.
Make sure that the dentist you choose is reputable, experienced, and trusted. You should feel comfortable with your doctor so that communication is made easy and your care is not compromised. At his Reston, Virginia dental office, Dr. Wayne Myles and his team will work with you to develop a plan that can help you achieve the smile of your dreams. If you want to enhance the beauty of your smile, a smile makeover or porcelain veneers can transform your teeth from ordinary to extraordinary. Let our Northern Virginia cosmetic dentist redesign the contour of your smile so it accentuates the natural beauty of your face.
Contact Our Smile Makeover Specialists in Reston, VA
Dr. Myles has been enhancing the radiance of patients' smiles for more than 20 years. If you are interested in discovering your smile's potential by undergoing a smile makeover and you live in Reston, Oakton, Vienna, or surrounding areas of Northern Virginia, contact our office today at (571) 536-7885 or schedule a smile makeover consultation online.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are you ready to transform your smile? Before you move forward with treatment, you may still have some questions about the services that we at Smiles by Myles offer and what we can do to improve your teeth and quality of life. That’s why we’ve provided responses to some common questions that patients have asked us in the past. If you have additional concerns, contact our team. We’d be happy to help you however we can!
What Are The Benefits of a Smile Makeover?
At first glance, a smile makeover obviously improves the look of your teeth, increasing your confidence and encouraging you to show them more often through genuine smiling. Furthermore, studies have shown that those who smile frequently are happier overall than those who don’t.
Not only can you get a boost in your mood and confidence, but some smile makeovers can have health benefits. For example, dental implants go beneath the gum surface and keep the jaw bone stimulated and strong for increased support for your remaining healthy teeth. As a result, you also don’t experience the changes in your facial structure that come with tooth loss. At your consultation with Dr. Myles, we can discuss how your smile makeover can transform your life!
How Long Will My Smile Makeover Take to Complete?
The timeline of your cosmetic treatment will depend on several factors, including which procedure you’re getting and how many teeth will be treated. If you want to whiten your teeth, you can have a one-hour in-office treatment or at-home treatment for about two weeks. Porcelain veneers and dental crowns typically take two appointments: one to prepare the teeth and take impressions and one to place the veneers or crowns. During your consultation, we can formulate a treatment plan that works with your schedule and gives you the results you’re looking for.
How Long Will My Smile Makeover Last?
Dental implants can last for the remainder of the patient’s life. Gum contouring is permanent. Most of the other procedures have a lifespan. Porcelain veneers can last up to 20 years, while dental bonding usually lasts around a decade. Composite fillings can last 10-20 years. Teeth whitening? How long your teeth will stay white depends on how much you like coffee, red wine, and blueberries, and how diligent your home hygiene regimen.
How Can Dental Implants Improve My Appearance?
When you lose a tooth, the jaw bone begins to atrophy and deteriorate. Over time, your face can change shape, causing you to look older and more saggy. A dental implant uses a post that mimics your natural tooth’s root and stimulates the jaw bone, avoiding the unsightly effects of tooth loss on your appearance. By replacing the entire tooth structure, dental implants help you keep your youthful facial features for many years to come.
How do I get started on my smile makeover?
No matter which procedure(s) you want to pursue, they all begin the same way—with a consultation with Dr. Myles! This appointment allows him to evaluate your teeth, answer any questions you may have, explain your treatment options, and help you create a personalized plan for achieving your goals. Your dream smile could be much closer than you think. Schedule your consultation with Dr. Myles today!