COST OF DENTAL IMPLANTS - RESTON, VA
An Investment in Your Health & Confidence
Dental implants are one of the best ways to replace missing teeth. Indeed, these remarkable little devices are truly the next best thing to a healthy, natural set of pearly whites. Still, many patients hesitate to commit to implants because they have financial concerns. Let’s discuss some of the factors that go into determining the overall cost of dental implants in our Reston, VA office. We will also review how you may be able to fit your restored smile into your budget.
There are a number of factors that influence the overall cost of a dental implant procedure:
- Preparatory work: Some patients require bone grafts, gum disease treatment, or extractions before they’re ready to receive implants. These treatments help ensure that there is enough bone to support the implant or implants.
- The placement surgery: The cost of the surgery depends on how many implants are necessary to support the new teeth. We will help determine the number of implants you require depending on the implant restoration that is right for you.
- Implant abutments: In some cases, it is possible to place the implant abutments (which attach the implants to their restorations) and the implants themselves at the same time. In other cases, separate surgeries are necessary.
- The restoration: The size and nature of the restoration, as well as the materials used to create it, can greatly affect the overall cost of treatment.
Affording Dental Implants
There are a number of resources that may be available to help you afford dental implants:
- More and more dental insurance plans are providing coverage for implants. Even if your specific policy will not help you pay for the implants themselves, it may cover preliminary work or your new implant-supported denture, crown, or bridge. At Smiles by Myles, we’re pleased to accept most dental insurance policies.
- Some health insurance plans may step in to provide help with dental implants if the procedure is deemed medically necessary.
- Low and no-interest financing through CareCredit or other avenues can help you break up the cost of your treatment into manageable monthly payments.
- Our in-house dental plan provides a significant discount on all treatments.
When you visit us for your implant consultation, we’ll work with you to help you explore your options for fitting your treatment into your budget. We will also take your dental history and current concerns into account for the most precise estimate.
A Worthwhile Investment
Removable bridges or dentures may seem less costly upfront, but they do not provide all of the same advantages that dental implants offer. For example, they do nothing to replace the roots of missing teeth, and they lack the strength and bite force of implants.
Bear in mind that out of all the tooth replacement options, implants have the longest life expectancy. A removable dental bridge may only last for 10 – 15 years, and you might need to replace traditional dentures every five to eight years. On the other hand, dental implants and implant restorations can last for decades — perhaps even for the rest of your life.
If you are a viable candidate for dental implants, we strongly urge you to give us a call at (571) 536-7885. Hopefully, you have many years of strong, gorgeous, and confident smiles to look forward to!