COST OF DENTAL EMERGENCIES – RESTON, VA
Affordable Care in Your Time of Need
When you face a dental emergency, the foremost thing on your mind is probably the pain — and how you can get rid of it as quickly as possible. However, there might be another matter weighing on your thoughts: the cost of treating your dental emergency. Here are Smiles by Myles, we don’t want you to worry about your dental treatment. Our team is here to provide compassionate, expert care and assist you in managing the financial aspect of your emergency dental treatment in our Reston, VA office. On this page, you will learn about some of the factors that influence the cost of dental emergencies and what resources are available to help you fit your care into your budget.
What Factors Influence the Cost of Emergency Dental Care?
Several different factors will influence the cost of your emergency dental visit:
- The nature of your dental emergency. If you simply need a prescription, you will likely pay less than if you require a major procedure.
- The practice you choose to visit. Dentists are largely responsible for determining what to charge for various services. (Keep in mind, however, that in most cases, cheaper is not better. Some dentists charge more because they invest in high-quality materials and equipment, and they take extra time with each patient so they can provide truly outstanding care.)
- Your insurance coverage. Well before your dental emergency, you should familiarize yourself with how your insurance policy applies to treatments that are often used to address such situations, including dental crowns, root canal therapy, and extractions.
Your Financial Options
The following resources may help you to manage the cost of your emergency care:
- At Smiles by Myles, we are happy to accept payment from most major insurance policies. We’ll even file your claims for you.
- In-house dental plan. If you do not have insurance, we encourage you to sign up for our in-office savings plan. For a flat annual fee, you can enjoy your annual preventive care and a discount off of restorative care. The plan even includes two free emergency exams and necessary X-Rays each year.
- Most patients qualify for CareCredit, a third-party financing program that offers a number of different payment plans. We also work with Lending Club and Prosper Healthcare.
Importance of Emergency Care
We understand that many patients are concerned about their household finances. However, you should never let worries about money hold you back from scheduling emergency dental care when you need it. Delaying treatment will only give the problem the opportunity to become worse — and become more expensive to treat.
When you arrive for your appointment, we will carefully examine your mouth, provide you with a candid estimate for the cost of treatment, and help you explore payment options. You can expect fair and compassionate service from us every step of the way!