ALL-ON-4 DENTAL IMPLANT DENTURES
IN RESTON, VA
Replace An Entire Arch of Teeth At Once!
Replacing a full row of missing teeth can be a nerve-wracking experience for patients, but at Smiles by Myles, we’re here to help take all the stress off of our patients’ shoulders. We work with Reston dental patients to fully restore damaged smiles, and our team offers a wide range of tooth replacement options, including removable dentures, implant supported dentures, and innovative All-on-4 dental implant dentures.
If you want to learn more about repairing your smile, call to schedule a consultation in our Reston dental office today. Our team will be happy to walk you through all of your treatment options and help you find the solution that meets your needs.
What to Expect from an All-on-4 Treatment
Removable dentures are crafted to fit snuggly against the gums to create suction that holds the prosthetic teeth in place. These solutions allow patients to smile confidently, and they restore about 20% of someone’s chewing strength. Removable dentures typically need to be refitted or replaced every five to ten years to remain functional.
For increased stability and longevity, traditional implant dentures use dental implant posts positioned along the gum line to support the prosthetic. However, the surgical placement of dental implant posts can be difficult for many patients, and we may need to provide invasive tissue grafts to ensure successful implant placement. The innovative All-on-4 method allows us to utilize the naturally denser parts of the jaw to provide support for the whole denture.
The All-on-4 Process
The All-on-4 process is completely unique. To anchor the denture, two implants are placed vertically into the jaw to support the front part of the prosthetic. Two posts are then positioned diagonally towards the back of the jaw. In many cases, we are even able to attach a temporary denture at the same appointment where your implants are placed so you don’t have to spend even one more day without a complete smile.
"Been seeing dr Myles for the past 6 years and my teeth have never been better. Not only has he been taking care of my teeth but they have helped me overcome a lot of fear I had just to come in. Everyone working there is positive and friendly. The office is very clean and comfortable. They are always on time and I never feel rushed."- Kathy M.
The Benefits of All-on-4
For a person who has been missing all of his or her teeth, the life changes made by All-on-4 implants are hard to sufficiently detail. Instantly the patient can smile confidently, eat a normal diet again, speak more clearly, and feel a real boost in self-confidence.
These are the benefits associated with the All-on-4 dental implant system:
- Eat a normal, diverse diet without worrying — Because your new teeth are fully anchored into your jawbone by your implants, you can now return to a normal diet.
- Return to a confident smile — Your new teeth will function, feel, and look just like natural teeth. Your smile will be back.
- Acquire a complete set of fully functioning teeth in a single day — The All-on-4 implant procedure takes around 2.5 hours per arch, and you will have temporary functioning teeth the same day (they will be replaced with your permanent teeth when your implants have fully healed and solidified).
- Chew and bite with confidence — Your anchored new teeth will give you a bite force with 70 percent more power than dentures.
- Teeth for life — Your four or eight implants are permanent, and your new teeth will last around 15 years. When they need replacing, only the prostheses need to be replaced and then attached to the existing implants.
- Implants without painful bone grafts — If you’ve lost jawbone mass you won’t need to suffer through the bone grafting often required with traditional implants.
- Put an end to further bone loss — Your implants will now transfer bite force energy down into your jawbone. This energy triggers the jawbone to continually create new bone cells, the key to healthy bone mass.
Caring for Your Smile After All-on-4 Treatment
Once your All-on-4 denture is in place, you should continue to brush your teeth for at least two minutes at a time twice a day. We recommend using ultra soft toothbrushes and minimally abrasive toothpastes to avoid damaging your denture. We are happy to review your specific oral hygiene products and help you choose the best ones.
Flossing can be a bit of a challenge, so in order to limit plaque buildup around the edges of your denture, we may recommend that you use an air or water flosser. Our team can also prescribe an antimicrobial mouth rinse to limit the amount of oral bacteria and reduce plaque production. You will need to visit us at least twice each year for dental exams and teeth cleanings so we can help you maintain your All-on-4 denture.